- This event has passed.
Kid*Prov – an improv after school program for kids
November 29 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Kids ages 11 – 17 will explore the basic concepts of improvisation in a warm, safe and supportive environment. Improv games and activities will grow self-confidence and enable teens to expand their creativity individually, and, as an ensemble.
Kids will experience:
• Being – and responding – in the moment.
• Accepting and building on gifts from fellow students.
• Embracing – and using – failure.
• Co-creating with others (listening, giving & taking focus).
• Thriving in an unscripted environment.
Students leaving this program will have a working understanding of the basic fundamentals of improvisational theater as well as an increased appreciation, and comfort, with being on stage – and in life – without a script.
Start Date: Wednesday, October 25
(No class on Wednesday, November 22 – the day before Thanksgiving.)
End Date: Wednesday, December 6
There will be a showcase on Wednesday, December 6 at 5:30 p.m. for friends and family.
Kid*Prov runs for 6 Wednesdays, from 4 – 6 p.m. at Limelight Theatre in St. Augustine.