It’s time for recess — and you’re invited!
Hi, I’m Amy.
Your chief adventure officer.
With more than 20 years of improvisation experience, I created The Adventure Project to facilitate personal and professional transformation by bringing my passion for cooperative play to people – of all ages. I’m a certified laughter yoga leader and have worked in nearly every environment imaginable from retreats and conferences to summer camps and senior centers to universities and corporations. My background is as diverse as my offerings with meaningful travel, thoughtful writing and applied theater experience at the helm. Learn more about my passion for creating immersive interactive experiences for you and your group here.
The Adventure Project
is recess for any age.
The Adventure Project blends improvisation, laughter yoga, mindfulness exercises, camp games and retreat activities to create immersive experiences that enable you to be in the moment and connect to other life explorers.
We facilitate playful adventures where you and your group can discover and connect through team building, improv training and custom playshops in a safe, supportive environment filled with laughter – and fun!
Ready for Recess?
The Adventure Project offers adventures to discover, connect and explore through authentic experiences that create a deeper awareness of your inner self as well as your surroundings and your team. Here are just a few of the possible adventures we offer. If you don’t see what you’re looking for, get in touch. We can customize any adventure to fit individuals and groups from ages 9 to 99.
- Team Building, bonding and development interactive experiences.
- Leadership development through applied improvisation.
- Playshops including improv, laughter yoga and other interactive play adventures.
- Custom Playshops including on-site specific playshops at your retreat, summer camp, after-school program, networking event, senior center, office, university, family reunion and more.
- Organizational Training including empathetic communications
- First-Year Student Orientation experiences that create school spirit, new friendships and student engagement – with each other and the school – via interactive, immersive custom minglers.
- Speaking Engagements as well as emcee and moderator hosting for parties and conferences.
- Special Events including Travel Retreats, Recess for Grown-Ups, Yes Minglers and Improv Playgrounds.
- Custom Improv Shows for your organization or celebration.
From improvisational theater and laughter yoga to interactive play and team building, living a life bursting with adventure has many benefits to your mind, body
- Increased confidence and comfort in social settings
- Improved public speaking skills and acting abilities
- Improved listening and observation skills
- Enhanced creative-thinking, decision-making
- Team development skills and increased social and emotional intelligence
- Enhanced interpersonal and intra-personal skills
I’m ready for an adventure. I’m interested in:
An Invitation to Slooooow Down
How do you slow down in an over busy, over connected world whether at home or traveling?
What Does Adventure Mean to YOU?
What’s unusual or exciting or daring for me may not be the same for you. And that’s why all of us need to find our own adventures.
5 Tools for Cheap and Easy Travel
Think travel is only for the rich and famous? Think again – you may be just a few clicks away from your next adventure!
The Adventure Project is an experience-based organization based in St. Augustine, Florida that facilitates immersive workshops for personal and professional development. We create and deliver transformational experiences through the art of cooperative play which is why we call our workshops “playshops.”